This section is free to use. Adverts will be deleted after 6 months unless the advertiser requests a further six month extension or requests an earlier deletion. To advertise Spares for Sale or Spares Wanted please see our Classified page for details.
Spares Wanted follows For Sale section below.
FOR SALE – VA Head Gaskets
NOS Payen 1940 head gaskets.
£55 each plus p&p.
Paul Campbell – West Sussex, UK.
FOR SALE – SA Parts
I have the Following parts from 1935 MG SA: Bonnet, scuttle, windscreen.
I would prefer to sell as one lot. Sensible prices to make space.
Paul Budgen. Ormskirk, Lancs.
FOR SALE – VA Engine
It came as a spare engine with my own VA some 25 years ago, since when it’s been dry stored in my garage. Probably not used since the 1960s, rebuild obviously required. The brass plate shows engine number 821 (although it could perhaps be 1821), but assuming the former this should be a wet clutch version. Located in Ripley, Surrey (UK). Photos on request (or see the Facebook group).
FOR SALE – VA Spares
Various VA Spares for sale:
- VA Saloon Spare Wheel Bracket
- 1 x Steel Engine Sump £10.00
- 1 x Alloy Engine Sump with Oil Level float £100.00
- Differential 9/47 £30.00
- Rear Axle Casing £30.00
- 6 loose Brake Drums £5.00 each
- 2 x Kingpin/Stub Axle Assemblies with brake drums £50.00
- 1 x VA Cylinder Head (Has small professionally done repair) £150.00
- 1 x Wolseley Cylinder Head £50.00
- 2 x Rocker Shafts £10.00
- 3 x new front outer wheel bearings
- 9 x Morris/Wolseley Head Gaskets
- 2 x new Piston Sets +40 £150.00 a set
- 2 x Used Piston Sets +20 and STD £50.00 a set
- 3 x reconditioned/new Wheel Brake cylinders £75.00 each
- 3 x Payen C178 Rear Hub Oil Seals £5.00
- 7 x Fan Belts £10.00 each
- 26 x Brake Shoe Linings £Offers
- 2 x Flexi Brake Hoses £20.00
- 1 x Reconditioned Brake Master Cylinder £Offers
- Set of Valve Guides £5.00
- 3 x Ignition Coils £5.00 each
- 3 x Exhaust Manifold Gaskets £Offers
- Various Loose Valves
- Various Loose Gaskets
- Various bits of engine guts
I can supply pictures on request. Would prefer buyer to collect from Hampshire please.
Contact: Nigel Pratt on 07790 034288 or email@example.com.
FOR SALE – VA Spares
Large quantity of VA Spares for sale! After 25 years of VA ownership I am clearing out my VA spares. I have the following:
- dry clutch engine for reconditioning
- 2 gearboxes
- half shafts
- 2 good wheels
- saloon sun roof panel only fit for reference
- steering wheel (needs work)
- quarter moon section for gearbox bulkhead
- dynamo (in pieces)
- 2 camshafts (used)
- bronze body fuel pump (rebuilt)
- plus – lots of small parts.
Also, an SA Radiator Grille stripped ready for chrome, needs some repairs.
In first instance, email with requirements for price. All items are in France, will post.
FOR SALE – MG SA 1937 wet clutch engine block
MG SA 1937 wet clutch engine block for between SA chassis No 1505 to 1518 QPHG 17– in very good usable condition on +60 or ready for relining, plus some parts, offers. location UK.
For more details contact John Hale. Phone +44(0)1278 323241
FOR SALE – Dashboard Lettering Sets for VA and SA
Dashboard Lettering Sets for VA and SA. Price £10 per set, including postage within UK and Europe.
FOR SALE – New VA Dynamo Pulleys
For MG VA – new dynamo pulleys made from solid aluminium billet. Final reduction to clear, now £50, plus post & packing.
FOR SALE – VA Crankshaft
For MG VA: Crankshaft dry clutch type, main bearing journals reground, excellent condition, needs big end journals regrinding, crack tested and balanced, a good thick crank.
Sensible offers considered for all the above items.
FOR SALE – VA diff
I have a diff for a VA, complete with cwp 9-47. Open to offers.
FOR SALE – Various parts
MG spare parts (in UK):
- VA axle beam with stub axles – spindles v. rusty, but kingpins seem good.
- Woleseley differential unit with crown wheel and pinion mounted on nosepiece suitable for SA, plus half shaft.
- SA/WA knock on spindle, good condition.
BEWARE OF SCAMS! Some of our members who have placed wanted adverts have been emailed by a scam supplier offering the part(s) usually accompanied by a poor photo of the relevant vehicle. If you are contacted by someone offering the part you want, we recommend you ask them to provide their address and send you a photo of the part, before making any payment.
WANTED – SA rear lights
Contact: Bruce Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Rear light cluster with D lamps for an SA.
WANTED – SA/VA complete engine
Contact: Ronnie 07526 720291
SA or VA complete engine wanted for a project. (Location – Cornwall).
WANTED – SA driveshaft
Contact: John Clayton johnclayton27AThotmail.com
Rear offside driveshaft and hub for SA.
WANTED – VA rear light cluster
Contact: Tim Perkins 01536 790306
The rear light cluster with D lamps for a VA, or just the face plate with the D lamps.
WANTED – VA bumpers
Contact: Ray Hunt +44 (0)7970 600667.
MG VA Front and Rear Bumpers and bumper irons.
WANTED – SA jack system
Contact: Berend van den Broek email@example.com
Complete jack system for SA.
WANTED – SA bumper
Contact: Keith Foulds 01274 670039
Wanted SA front bumper, bumper irons, badge bar, knuckles and any associated fittings.
WANTED – WA engine & spares
Contact: Gary Perry (SVW Register member) firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1233 629822
Wanted for restoration project: MG WA spares, engine, trim, fittings, chassis, literature, pictures etc.
WANTED – Jackall pumps
Contact: Terry Maunder (SVW Register member) +44 (0)7866 428872
Jackall pumps, working or not, for VA and SA. If you have any other unwanted parts for the Jackall system, especially front and rear distributor valves or spare seals, I will be pleased to hear from you.