The SVW Register is part of the MG Car Club and was established for the SA, VA and WA type MGs. The SA, VA and WA cars are collectively known as “SVWs” and the models date from early 1936 to late 1939.
Since the Register was established in the mid-1960s, a detailed database of information, ownership and history has been maintained. This is the most reliable and complete database of SVW information in existence today. As the principle reference for enquiries on SVW cars, we wish to maintain accurate records. You can let us know details of your car(s) when you join the SVW Register or by emailing us.
At present, there are 653 SVW cars known to us around the world, of which 176 are owned by MG Car Club members. Owners of the other cars are encouraged to join the MG Car Club to receive the full benefits the Register offers and this in turn, adds support to the Register’s efforts.
Past Owners of SVWs
If you have owned an SVW car in the past and wish to know the details we hold, please contact us. We will probably know if the car still exists and who owns it, though we would need the owner’s permission to pass this information on. The Register are always pleased to receive old records and photographs of these cars.
The Register provides a variety of services, support and help to its members:
- Technical advice
- The SVW Register can help in sourcing replacement spare parts (new and second-hand).
- An annual magazine – SVW Review – sent out free to all Register members
- Events, including an annual meeting in UK or near-Continent
- Reproduction of printed data and information
- Social contact between members
- SVW insurance valuations for MGCC members
- Assistance with DVLA applications
- Reduced advertising rates