This section is free to use. Adverts will be deleted after 6 months unless the advertiser requests a further six month extension or requests an earlier deletion. To advertise Spares for Sale or Spares Wanted please see our Classified page for details.
Spares Wanted follows For Sale section below.
FOR SALE – Lucas trumpet horns
Pair of original, fully restored Lucas trumpet horns (Hi note/Low note) from 1930s. Bought for my VA, but I have now found original Allouette horn.
£500 or offer for the pair.
Contact: Stuart Cleaver, UK (email: email@example.com).
FOR SALE – MG VA Wheel hubs
Set of 4 front and rear hubs, brand new and still in packaging. £995.
Please get in touch for more info. Collection from Bristol or happy to courier to buyer’s location.
Contact: Trevor Fitsall, Bristol, UK (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
FOR SALE – VA spares
I have the following VA spares for sale:
3 x manifold to cyl. head gaskets. New. (Cox and Turner) £20 each incl. postage.
1 x o/s door catch mechanism for VA Tourer. New. £55 incl. postage.
1 x door catch striker plate and wedge for VA Tourer. New. (SilentTravel logo) £35 incl. postage.
Distributor parts as follows:
Pair of Bob weights (centrifugal advance/retard) New. £12 incl. postage.
Rotor, toggles and springs. Used. £5 incl. postage.
1 x exhaust manifold. Gasket faces will require “truing up”. Offers. Buyer to arrange shipping.
Bottle jack. Shelley 6″. As supplied with VAs. Sorry, no rods or handle. Good working condition.
£30 + carriage.
Contact: John Barnacott, South West Dorset, UK (email: email@example.com).
FOR SALE – A metal dash for an MG VA DHC
I have a metal dash for a MG VA DHC for sale. It has 4 extra holes added by a PO. Otherwise it is in good condition. I will include a set of decals. Asking $200 obo plus shipping.
Contact: David MacNamee, Clearwater, Florida, USA (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
FOR SALE – SA Parts
I have the Following parts from 1935 MG SA: Bonnet, scuttle, windscreen.
I would prefer to sell as one lot. Sensible prices to make space.
Contact: Paul Budgen. Ormskirk, Lancs.
FOR SALE – VA Spares
Various VA Spares for sale:
- VA Saloon Spare Wheel Bracket
- 1 x Steel Engine Sump £10.00
- 1 x Alloy Engine Sump with Oil Level float £100.00
- Differential 9/47 £30.00
- Rear Axle Casing £30.00
- 6 loose Brake Drums £5.00 each
- 2 x Kingpin/Stub Axle Assemblies with brake drums £50.00
- 1 x VA Cylinder Head (Has small professionally done repair) £150.00
- 1 x Wolseley Cylinder Head £50.00
- 2 x Rocker Shafts £10.00
- 3 x new front outer wheel bearings
- 9 x Morris/Wolseley Head Gaskets
- 2 x new Piston Sets +40 £150.00 a set
- 2 x Used Piston Sets +20 and STD £50.00 a set
- 3 x reconditioned/new Wheel Brake cylinders £75.00 each
- 3 x Payen C178 Rear Hub Oil Seals £5.00
- 7 x Fan Belts £10.00 each
- 26 x Brake Shoe Linings £Offers
- 2 x Flexi Brake Hoses £20.00
- 1 x Reconditioned Brake Master Cylinder £Offers
- Set of Valve Guides £5.00
- 3 x Ignition Coils £5.00 each
- 3 x Exhaust Manifold Gaskets £Offers
- Various Loose Valves
- Various Loose Gaskets
- Various bits of engine guts
I can supply pictures on request. Would prefer buyer to collect from Hampshire please.
Contact: Nigel Pratt on 07790 034288 or email@example.com.
FOR SALE – MG SA 1937 wet clutch engine block
MG SA 1937 wet clutch engine block for between SA chassis No 1505 to 1518 QPHG 17– in very good usable condition on +60 or ready for relining, plus some parts, offers. location UK.
For more details contact John Hale. Phone +44 (0)1497 851790
FOR SALE – VA Crankshaft
For MG VA: Crankshaft dry clutch type, main bearing journals reground, excellent condition, needs big end journals regrinding, crack tested and balanced, a good thick crank.
Sensible offers considered for all the above items.
FOR SALE – VA diff
I have a diff for a VA, complete with cwp 9-47. Open to offers.
FOR SALE – Various parts
MG spare parts (in UK):
- VA axle beam with stub axles – spindles v. rusty, but kingpins seem good.
- Woleseley differential unit with crown wheel and pinion mounted on nosepiece suitable for SA, plus half shaft.
- SA/WA knock on spindle, good condition.
BEWARE OF SCAMS! Some of our members who have placed wanted adverts have been emailed by a scam supplier offering the part(s) usually accompanied by a poor photo of the relevant vehicle. If you are contacted by someone offering the part you want, we recommend you ask them to provide their address and send you a photo of the part, before making any payment.
WANTED – SA spares
Contact: Dominic Holohan firstname.lastname@example.org / 00353 876405072
I am looking for the following for my 1938 MG SA:
- Rear seat tub base
- Rev counter reduction box that fits on the end of the dynamo
- The rear spare wheel hub carrier that fits on the boot lid
- Front window
- Steering wheel boss
- The 4 wheel spinners
- Rear number plate light box
- Window lifting gear for all four windows.
WANTED – SA rear lights
Contact: Bruce Campbell email@example.com
Rear light cluster with D lamps for an SA.
WANTED – SA driveshaft
Contact: John Clayton johnclayton27AThotmail.com
Rear offside driveshaft and hub for SA.
WANTED – VA rear light cluster
Contact: Tim Perkins 01536 790306
The rear light cluster with D lamps for a VA, or just the face plate with the D lamps.
WANTED – VA bumpers
Contact: Ray Hunt +44 (0)7970 600667.
MG VA Front and Rear Bumpers and bumper irons.
WANTED – SA bumper
Contact: Keith Foulds 01274 670039
Wanted SA front bumper, bumper irons, badge bar, knuckles and any associated fittings.
WANTED – WA engine & spares
Contact: Gary Perry (SVW Register member) firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1233 629822
Wanted for restoration project: MG WA spares, engine, trim, fittings, chassis, literature, pictures etc.